Monday, September 10, 2007

A Case of the Mondays

Today, Keough Hall, my dorm, was very nicely awakened by the screech of fire alarms and the flashing lights which accompany such events. As four hundred sleepy college students left the dorm at 3:30 in the morning, I knew that this Monday was going to be a great day. Turns out, that a sprinkler had broken off right down the hall from my own room, setting of the alarm, and ruining everything in the room. The futon, the clothes, the television, the computers, everything was soaked with water running down the hall and into nearby rooms. The flooding took about an hour to contain and finally we were let back into our rooms. Sleep was hardly elusive, and I managed to squeeze in a couple hours before waking up ten minutes before class started. Running, I made it in time, but didn't look like the most awake or prepared student. The rest of the day, including a failed spanish practice test, passed in a blur into a three hour mini-coma enabled to awaken and write this super interesting post. Just another day, hopefully there won't be any flooding or alarms tonight, but you never can tell. In all seriousness though, I am quite thankful that the sprinkler did and, hopefully, never will break in my room. Keep the fingers crossed.

-Kevin

No comments: