Tuesday, September 11, 2007

kicking puppies and hugging chipmunks


True Tales of Rover Kindness:

So this evening Matt Smith and I were sitting at Waddick's in O'Shag chatting, of all things, about The Rover. Suddenly, I spotted a cute little baby chipmunk scurry across the hallway. Yes, inside. He was terrified and confused and hid under one of the long benches in front of the Dean's Office. I leapt to my feet, ready to assist, but opening the door and gesturing at the chipmunk to leave didn't exactly work. And then I saw something that I never thought I would live to see: gruff and grizzly Smiddy very gently and quietly made his way over to our huddled-in-a-ball friend Chip, and *babytalked to him tenderly, calming him down to the point where he allowed Matt simply to pick him up and carry him out of the building, cooing all the way.*

Talk about compassionate conservatism ...

No comments: