Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy Holidays from the Rover Staff

When prompted to give their favorite part of the Holiday Season and resolutions for the new year, here are the responses of some of the Rover staff. Have a safe and happy New Year!

  • From Matt (Editor in Chief):
    Favorite part of the holidays: spending time at my family's ranch on the Texas-Mexico border for the week between Christmas and New Year's. New Year's Resolution: To put the horrific year that was 2007 behind me. And to catch up on correspondence.
  • From Kathleen (Rover Writer):
    My favorite part of the holiday season is going skating around a giant Christmas tree downtown in Pittsburgh outside. I feel like my life is a movie, and it might be I'm not sure.
  • From Greer (Dublin Bureau Chief):
    New Years Resolution: To stop strongly disliking Trinity College Dublin and to try to make Irish friends.

  • From Darragh (Webmaster/Blogmeister):
    Favorite part of the holidays: I really, really like wrapping presents because I do a really, really good job.

    New Year's Resolution: I desperately need to learn how to manage my time better so I can do everything that I'm doing without staying up past 4 am every day. I don't think I could do another semester like that.
  • From Brian (Executive Editor):
    Fave part of holidays: Going home to ATX where 50-degree weather means everyone breaks out the hot chocolate and mittens.

    New Year's Resolution: Stop writing long research-based articles for the Rover and instead train our talented youngsters, so they'll be ready to take over when these gray hairs move on.
  • From Mike (Sports Editor):
    My favorite part of the holiday season is visiting with all of my cousins, and my new years resolution is to stop procrastinating.
  • From Brad (Politics Editor):
    My thoughts on the semester is that it was the fastest semester ever! I can't believe it, but it's over. And thank God! Anyway, my favorite part of the holiday season is my mom's homecooking and family time. My New Year's resolution is to make the most of my final semester experience at Notre Dame. This includes but is not limited to more trips to the Backer.
  • From Kevin (Production Chief):
    My favorite part of the holiday season is either palm trees used as Christmas trees or Christmas beach trips. (I am from Florida).

    New Years Resolutions:
    1. Play Snow Football
    2. Not Curse the weather everyday
    3. Cheer Notre Dame onto a National Championship.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Seeing as I put off responding to the noble webmistress's email requesting my response to this question, perhaps my new year's resolution should be to stop procrastinating?

In reality, though, my practical (and even slightly more achievable) resolution is to lighten up on the sweets (darn you, Irish Mint + Chocolate twist frozen yogurt at NDH!) and hit Rolf's with the post-New Year's hordes. The prospect of a photographer tracking my every move in a wedding dress 200-something days from now is freaking me out just enough to get me off the couch!

Greer Hannan said...

wait, is that a new flavor at NDH? and I'm still 8 months away from trying it.

So the date's been set! Very exciting! Basilica? What's the date? I don't feel like doing math.