Monday, February 18, 2008

Remembering Connor Patrick McGrath

In the last hour, a facebook group was created in memory of Connor McGrath, the Notre Dame sophomore from Oklahoma City, OK and resident of Siegfried Hall who passed away in Dillon Hall Sunday afternoon. The group was apparently created by a member of McGrath's family.

From the profile:
This group is set up to celebrate the life of Connor McGrath who was born June 2, 1987 and tragically passed away February 16, 2008. Please post pictures, share stories and keep his memory alive.
UPDATE: I have been given permission by Connor's family to post a few more pictures of him. Also, since I didn't explicitly encourage it before, everyone should join the facebook group linked above. Please keep his family in your prayers during this difficult time.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

R.I.P., Connor.

Anonymous said...

To Connor's parents, friends, relatives and ND dormmates,

Heartfelt sympathy and sadness in the loss of this beautiful young man.
Such a tragedy. May you all find the strength to see you through this heartbreak.
Sincerely,
ND parents

Anonymous said...

Connor we all miss you!! you will never leave my heart! He was such a great brother! love you connor
- little sister Ryan

Anonymous said...

To Connor's family:

We are praying for you. Many of us never met Connor but now feel like we knew him from the outpouring of affection that his loss has generated within the Notre Dame family. Please accept and count on our loving support during this time of mourning, and may your amazing son be received into the grace of heaven.

Anonymous said...

My heartfelt simpathy goes out to you and your family at this time of tragedy. Let there be peace on earth!

Anonymous said...

Connor, I miss you so much. I never knew how important and close to my heart I kept you until you were no longer there to reach out too. I cant stop thinking of your amazing smile, and infectious attitude. You were a piece of brightness in everyone who had the chance to be graced with your smile.
You made me laugh when all I wanted to do was cry. Every moment with you I will forever cherish.
I'll love you forever

Anonymous said...

Mary and Mike,
My thoughts and prayers are with you at this most difficult time

Mary and Tony Chiesa said...

Mary,
Words can't say how sorry we are. We never met Connor but we enjoyed hearing your stories about him. Please know you are in our prayers.
Much love,
Mary and Tony

Anonymous said...

To Connor's family and all those who loved him,

I had only met Connor once when he was probably about 5 or so. I see from the pictures posted here what a wonderful young man he had grown to be. His personality truly shines in these great pictures, he definitely took after both mom and dad. We are heartsick over your loss we will keep you in our thoughts
-Jim and Karen McTiernan