Thursday, May 29, 2008

Problems with Summer

Yeah, summer's great and all, but...

Over the past, three weeks now, we've been reveling in summer. The warmth. The lack of classes. The...the...

Yeah, I think that's about it.

To be honest, summer is TOO long. I work during the summer, I go to the beach, I do all the summer-y things. And, frankly, I'd rather be up at school (as long as it was warm) doing them with the friends I have at college. After the week or two of unwinding from exams and all that hullabaloo, I get bored. Bored with life down here. And I miss my friends.

So let's change summer vacation. Let's just break it up into one week vacations throughout the year. Or maybe Fridays off before football games. Let's get creative and utilize our vacation time. Because, I don't want to be part of the real world of jobs yet. Even if it is for only three months of the year. The real world scares me.

No comments: