Monday, June 9, 2008

McCain blog / "Don't tell me words don't matter"

My friend Mike Goldfarb, formerly web editor of the Weekly Standard, is now producing a blog for McCain's official website. Interestingly, they seem to be letting Goldfarb speak his mind in his own style, rather than mandating he use PR-speak. A worthwhile read, though I don't know what to think about John McCain's selection of "ABBA" as his favorite band.

McCain Report

By the way, here's a notable YouTube video, highlighted on the Weekly Standard's blog, of the Great Rhetorician, sans teleprompter...



Is he actually blaming his loss of eloquence on his admirers?

OBAMA: "You know what, it would cost ... It would cost about the same as what we would spend ... over the course of ten years, it would cost what it would cost us ... All right, okay, it would cost as about the same as it would cost us ... for about ... hold on one second, I can't hear myself. I am glad you're fired up though. I'm glad."

Just words?

2 comments:

prw said...

"I don't know what to think about John McCain's selection of "ABBA" as his favorite band."

I do.

Octavia Ratiu said...

That YouTube video was priceless. I'm sending it to all my Obama-worshipping friends as we speak.