Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where Were You?

Where were you when the world stopped turning, that September day?

On this the seventh anniversary of the attacks, I could preach what I think, but the day is about America, Land of the Brave and Home of the Free. Instead, I'll let someone else more eloquent than myself do it. To me, this song sums up everything about that day. When it is done, take a moment to remember that day and how it changed the country, for good or ill. Take a moment to light a candle for the victims, for the heroes, and even the terrorists, for, after all, God is mercy and who are we to question God?




That said, here is the USS New York, made from 24 tons of scrap steel from the World Trade Center. It is the fifth in a new class of warship. It will carry a crew of 360 sailors and 700 combat-ready Marines to be delivered ashore by helicopters and assault craft.

The ship's motto is 'Never Forget'.





No comments: