Sunday, January 4, 2009

scholarships

Howdy from Texas. For those who don't know, I'm a Rover alum and have just finished my first term at Oxford.

I'm fortunate enough to have been named an ISI Weaver Fellow for this year. ISI has been mentioned a number of times on this blog as an organization that every student, from high school to graduate, ought to look into - it offers everything from a great publishing house to full-tuition scholarships. If you want to find out what's been missing in your college education, check out www.isi.org.

The Weaver covers one year of tuition, which has led me to look for scholarships for my second year. Asking around has led me to two more organizations that deserve a plug, both of which offer excellent scholarship programs (undergrad and grad):

- the Acton Institute, which "seeks to articulate [and promote] a vision of society that is both free and virtuous, the end of which is human flourishing."

- the Institute for Humane Studies, a libertarian organization that (I'm told) supports the 'big tent' view of conservatism.

Enjoy, and good luck!

1 comment:

Brandon said...

IHS also has free seminars on liberty in the summer which are worth the time. I went to one at UC Berkelet last summer. They do tend to be very libertarian though.